Douglas is passionate about involving clinical staff in improving healthcare. He believes that insights from the ‘front-line’, from those that do the work, are essential for safer and cheaper healthcare that actually benefits patients and staff.
This means doctors, nurses, allied health, support staff – and patients.
Engage with us here.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has” – Margaret Mead
To see general presentations, click here or in the years below:
- Reimagining Healthcare Expert Panel video
- Theatre Orientation (see below) – 360 Video
- Hospital Presentation Series, Adelaide – Leverage: Increasing staff education/training while decreasing administrative overhead, with 360’ video/Virtual reality Human Effects System Problems
- Clinical Practice Series, Adelaide – Increasing patient education and contact time while decreasing repetitive tasks, with 360’ video/ Virtual reality Dc2Hc – 360 VR Video
- Healthcare of tomorrow – MIGA Key Opinion Leaders, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide
- Healthcare Innovation Workshops, Adelaide – Future Healthcare: Building the Case for Change, Selecting a Change Project and then Getting Started
- PowerHealth Solutions User Conference, Sydney – Reimagining the Readmission Process in Private Hospitals
- National SafeWork Month – CADWalk for Healthcare, Adelaide – User-Led Workflow Design to Improve Safety in Perioperative Healthcare
- Neurosurgical Society of Australasia Annual Meeting – Non-surgical ways to improve surgical outcomes, Hakuba, Japan
- Persistent Systems, Adelaide – ‘Rapid Prototyping of Healthcare IT Experiences’
- MCBI People & Systems, Adelaide – ‘Agile Development of Healthcare apps’
- Industry Leaders Fund Seminar, Adelaide – ‘Improving risk, cost and the healthcare experience’
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists Annual Conference, Adelaide – ‘Update in Neuroanaesthesia’ (pro bono)
- Edwards Lifesciences – Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists Annual Conference, Hong Kong – ‘Goal-directed Fluid Therapy in Neuroanaesthesia’
- Baxter Healthcare – ‘Volatile Anesthesia Agents’ in Adelaide, Sydney, Perth
To know more, go to the blog here.